Presentations of the TLE / TGF Workshop having taken place in Amsterdam, Oct 25th - Oct 27th,2010
Here you can find a list of the presentations which were held during the TLE / TGF Workshop in Amsterdam at CWI in 2010.
If there is no other remark, the files are pdf - files and can thus be read with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Monday, Oct 25th:
- Martino Marisaldi, INAF-IASF Bologna: "Localization of Terrestrial gamma-Ray Flashes by AGILE"
- B.E. Carlson, University of Bergen, Norway: "Modeling terrestrial gamma - ray flash production and
observation" (.svg - file; can directly be opened in your browser)
- Olivier Chanrion, National Space Institute / Danish technical univeristy: "NSI model for the production of
runaway electrons in streamer discharges"(.ppt - file)
- Chao Li (Videos only): 3d_Neg_Photo.avi 3d_Neg_without.avi
- Elena Seran and Michel Godefroy, EFATLEC COBRAT/TARANIS Project: "Electric field measurement and 3D imaging
of atmospheric discharges"(.ppt - file)
- Jean-Baptiste Renard, LPC2E / University of Orleans, France: "COBRAT Project: Long and short duration
balloons for he study of high energy phenomena and consequence for stratospheric chemistry" (.ppt-file)
Tuesday, Oct 26th:
- Enrico Arnone, Dipartimento di Chimica Fisica e Inorganica, University of Bologna: "Eurosprite observations
2009 - 2010"
- Yoav Yair, ILAN Team: "Ground based measurements in Eastern Mediterranean winter thunderstorms" (.ppt - file)
- Samir Nait Amor, CRAAG. Algiers, Algeria: "The awesome network for the ASIM and TARANIS missions" (.ppt - file)
- Torsten Neubert, National Space Institute / Danish technical univeristy: "The electric potential of a Giant
Jet suggested by simultaneous sprite emissions" (.ppt - file)
- Hans Stenbaek - Nielsen, Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks: "Sprite halo and streamer onset" (.ppt - file)
related videos 18Aug1999_044920_A.avi
- Geoff McHarg, United States Air Force Academy: "Telescopic high speed observation of sprites" (.ppt - file)
related videos streamer1.avi
Wednesday, Oct 27th:
- Sander Nijdam, Eindhoven University of Technology: "Laboratory experiments on positive streamer properties" (.ppt - file)
- Gideon Wormeester, CWI Amsterdam: "Propagation mechanisms of positive streamers in different N2 :
O2 mixtures" (.odp - file)
- Guus Pemen, Eindhoven University of Technology: "Streamers and their applications"
- Daria Dubrovin, Tel Aviv University: "Laboratory simulations of planetary sprites" (.ppt - file)
- Sasa Dujko, CWI Amsterdam: "Theoretical foundations, numerical techniques and application of transport
coefficients in modeling of streamers and sprites"
- Ute Ebert, CWI Amsterdam: "Electromagnetic characterization of streamers and streamer trees: Head and channel dynamics"
- Ningyu Liu, Department of Physics and Space Sciences, Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, USA:
"Sprite streamer chemistry driven by electric field pulse from streamer modeling"
- Vuong Nguyen, Eindhoven University of Technology: "Hard radiation from long spark discharges"
- Irfan Kuvvetli, DTU space, National Space Institute: "ASIM-CZT detector measurements of hard radiation from TU Eindhoven discharges - Preliminary results and plans"
If there are any questions or remarks, please mail to Christoph Köhn, CWI Amsterdam.